The human body sure is amazing. It may not seem that way while you’re hunched over looking at your computer with nothing but a towel on, but it is. That’s not to say you shouldn’t actually get dressed, though.
1. Humans are roughly 1 centimeter taller in the morning than in the evening.
2. Human fingers are so sensitive, that if your fingers were the size of Earth, you could feel the difference between a house and a car.
3. The human eye is so sensitive that if the Earth were flat, you could spot a candle flickering at night from up to 30 miles away.
4. Humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas.
5. Humans shed 40 pounds of skin in their lifetime, completely replacing their outer skin every month.
6. In one day, your blood travels 12,000 miles around your body. That’s four times the distance across the US from coast-to-coast.
7. Around 90% of the cells that make humans aren’t “human” in origin. We’re mostly fungi and bacteria.
8. The human brain uses 20% of the entire body’s oxygen and calorie intake, despite only accounting for about 2% of an adult’s body mass.
9. Each finger and toenail takes six months to grow from base to tip.
10. A condition called synesthesia can cause senses to overlap. In other words, some people can taste words or hear colors.
11. The focusing muscles of the eyes move around 100,000 times a day. To give your leg muscles the same workout, you would need to walk 50 miles every day.
12. A single human blood cell takes only 60 seconds to make a complete circuit of the body.
13. The human brain is much more active at night than during the day.
14. The higher your I.Q. the more you dream.
15. The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razorblades.
16. Sneezes regularly exceed 100 mph.
17. A full bladder is roughly the size of a softball.
18. The average person “breaks wind” 14 times each day.
19. Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
20. It is impossible to tickle yourself.
Finally, something worth dedicating my life to. If you need me, I'll be trying to become the first person to ever tickle themselves. (Distractify via: icantseeyou) Share this post using the button below.