Has someone ever told you something that you just really wish they hadn't? Yeah, me too (Thanks, Steve.) Here are 25 ridiculous facts that, once you read them, may weird you out for the rest of the day.
But they're still so fascinating.
Note: Technically, some of these are considered urban legends that are widely accepted.
1. Because they aren't as tasty as baby hens, baby roosters are usually tossed into a grinder after they're born.
2. In the United States, every year 2,500 left-handed people die from using equipment that was designed for right-handed people.
3. During World War II, George H. W. Bush's plane was shot down over Japan. He was one of 9 men on board. The other 8 men were captured and eaten.
4. Inuit mothers (allegedly) use their mouths to suck the snot out of their babies' noses.
5. On Mount Everest ,there are 200 corpses of failed climbers. They are used as guide points for climbers on their way up.
6. According to the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, 16% of cell phones have poop on them.
7. Cruel Nazi humans experiments are the reason we know so much about the stages of hypothermia.
8. According to a University of Arizona study, at least 20% of office coffee mugs contain fecal matter.
9. Some species of butterfly have been known to seek out and drink human blood.
10. Feet can sweat up to 20 liters every day.
11. You're more likely to die on the way to buy lottery tickets than you are to actually win.
12. In ancient Rome, the crushed brains of mice were used as toothpaste.