From bathroom photo sessions to #nomakeup pics, selfies are everywhere. But possibly the best kind out there comes straight from Australia, thanks to friendly little critters called quokkas. They're about the size of a cat, but instead of holding the reputation for being cold and, well, catty, they're known for being the happiest animals on earth.
1. First things first: this is a quokka.
These little guys LOVE the camera.
2. But they love it even more when they don't have to pose solo...
3. "Becky, it's been so long!"
4. Their excitement is contagious.
5. "How's this angle for me?"
6. This quokka has mastered the selfie stick.
7. This is the only interesting food post on Instagram.
8. "I made a new BFF!"
9. These two are still warming up to each other...
10. This quokka is keeping it real.
11. It's not a day at the beach until you do a face-plant in the sand.
12. "Do we all fit?"
13. He's not in a sharing mood.
14. Say "cheese!"
15. "Carl, I told you I don't like to be in photos right after a big lunch."
16. This is bold.
18. Strawberries are his favorite beach snack.
19. Quokka-bunny ears.
20. "Chill out, dude."
21. "BEST. DAY. EVER."
22. "Oh, hey!"
23. This one is a little shy.
24. "Your hair tickles!"
25. Throwing some shade.
26. This is his best "Blue Steel" impression.
27. Quokka kisses are the best kind!
(via Bored Panda)
Up until now, I've been avoiding Australia due to all of the terrifying things that live there, but this cuteness might just trump that fear.